A Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries salesman has accused their boss of discriminating against him because he’s maybe not of Asian lineage, unlike a big amount of the cemetery’s customers.
Bill Conlon is suing their company, Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuaries (picture courtesy BOHM Law Group)
Building rapport using the community that is asian Southern Ca is a main company objective of Rose Hills’ business owners, but Bill Conlon, 58, of Fullerton, who’s white, stated he ended up beingn’t seen as as much as the job.
Conlon filed the lawsuit Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. He alleges he had been addressed differently compared to the cemetery’s sales that are asian, who had been permitted to:
- Skip phone that is mandatory shifts to allow them to satisfy more prospective clients of Asian lineage.
- Offer extra discounts over the standard maximum discount.
- Meet families before they enter Rose Hill’s primary building, a breach of business policy.
- Offer significantly more than 10 burial plots every single household, additionally in breach of business policy.
- Distribute business cards to grieving household members, additionally against business policy.
- Attend feng shui seminars. (más…)